Automatic name tags!
We now have an easy way to automatically print name tags for everyone attending a Meetup! Ever since I started using name tags with my own Meetup Group last year, I saw a big change in the atmosphere of the group. Name tags can have a surprisingly large impact at your Meetups. With them, it’s easier to break the ice and get to know people, conversations flow more easily, and newcomers are more at ease. (Plus, they make it easier as an organizer to remember everyone.)
You can get to this new feature from the Promote section of a group, or click “Print name tags” on any Meetup event page.
How does it work?
- Generate a PDF of name tags, formatted to fit standard name tag label sheets.
- Choose a Meetup event and the name tags will be automatically filled with the attendees’ names!
- Choose to include “Maybe” folks or not.
- Choose to include names, photos, or just print blank name tags.
- Use your group name or any text you choose.
- Choose from the standard red name tag template (a la the Meetup logo) or a white low-ink version.
- The page calculates for you how many sheets of paper you’ll need.
And here’s a special trick: Name tags can be an easy way to take attendance - print them before the Meetup and then see which ones you have left over after the event.
Let us know what you think!
—Jesse, Keith & Will