Site polish and clean up
Last week we took a break from how we normally do product development and spent the entire week polishing up the existing site - everything from cleaning up copy to user interface tweaks to small enhancements. If it could be done in less than a day, we tackled it.
Below are some of the 75 improvements that are currently live or will be live on the site in the next few days:
- Added an ‘I did not attend’ option to the post-Meetup survey emails.
- You can now have multiple Event Hosts.
- Member profile pages now show which Meetup Groups a person organizes first, instead of an alphabetical sorted list.
- Added ‘last-event-attended’ to the downloadable member spreadsheet.
- Added ‘My profile’ to the ‘Members’ drop down in the group’s navigation.
- We now show Waiting List counts wherever we show RSVP counts.
- You can now filter your calendar on your member home page by ‘Wait Listed’.
- For Organizers, we’ve re-ordered the venue list picker by most frequently used first.
- Any member of your group can now ‘Talk about this meetup’ before and after an event.
- We removed the ‘haven’t rsvped yet’ list from the Meetup details page.
- When different Organizers edit an event there will be a history of changes (not the changes themselves, but the times the changes were made).
- If there are dues, the ‘Pay Now’ button appears in the group information box (box in top left).
- We’re adding ‘photo picker’ functionality anywhere you can edit with BBcode in the group context (message boards, meetup create page).
- When creating a Meetup, you’ll be able to pick from any album for the Meetup photo.
- Members can edit Meetup ratings from the Meetup details page.
- All your groups will be accessible from any page on Meetup.com (as long as you’re logged in).
- Photos can be moved from one album to another in a Meetup Group.
Maya leads the Product Management team at Meetup.