A new design for Meetup event pages
Starting today, we’ll be rolling out a new version of Meetup event pages for groups. The new version includes a cleaner, map-free layout and simpler RSVPing. We also reorganized the tools so it’s easier to find frequently-used editing options. Here’s what Organizers will notice:
1. Reorganized tools - The most common actions are now just one click away, which should make it easier to Edit, Cancel, Feature, Export and Share Meetups. Above the list of attendees you’ll find RSVP-related options in the ‘Tools’ dropdown menu, along with a button to ‘Email Attendees’.
2. Basic information more prominent - The date, location and description of the Meetup are now front and center, and all three can still be updated right from the page. Organizer-only options like waiting lists and event fees can be edited by clicking ‘Edit’ at the top of the page.
3. Streamlined description editor - The Meetup description editor now includes a more prominent ‘Add image’ option. You can upload photos from your computer or select any image from the group’s photo albums. Additional options for editing the Meetup description are still available by clicking ‘Edit’.
Here’s what members and potential members will notice:
4. Easier RSVPing - The RSVP box is easier to locate on the top right corner of the page. Members can RSVP by answering ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to the question “Will you attend?” and clicking the RSVP button.
5. Days left and Spots left - Similar to the new Meetup group home page, days left and spots left are displayed next to the RSVP button.
Everyone will see the new event page layout for all of their Meetups starting today.