At Meetup HQ, we enjoy a little “healthy” competition. That’s how a casual lunch time wager evolved into a full fledged burrito eating competition, complete with referee.
"If I remember correctly," QA Engineer Duncan recalled, “we were sitting around eating burritos one day, and everyone remarked on my consumption speed. Matt said he could eat as fast as me if he put his mind to it, so of course we had to put it to the test.”
Check out Food & Drink Meetups in your neighborhood to get in on the fun yourself!
Best of Food & Drink Meetups | Summer 2012
Food & Drink Meetups have really had their fill this summer! The best-of is ready for you to savour…
- Worldwide leaderboard of Food & Drink Meetups: Take a bite out of these top Meetups, and spot your own!
- Inspiration for your next Meetup: Get the most out of summer’s big finish.
- Interview with the Organizer of Ventura County Vegans, on stepping up as the new Organizer of an existing Meetup.
- 1K Club: Peek at pointers from Meetups that celebrated 1,000 members and RSVPs.
Finally, sample the most active Food & Drink Meetups from around the world!
Good news! Meetup members still love to eat! More than that, they love to get together with other food-loving folks to chow down.
There are tons of groups that have hit the 1,000 mark this time, but there could be so many more! If you want to see your Meetup Group in lights someday, take note of these tips from 1k club groups:
- Build a team. The Triangle Ethnic Food Meetup Group has quite the Leadership Team with 14 people (including the Organizer). Perfect for groups eating “off the beaten path”, so that tons of foodies can contribute their underground dining knowledge.
- Pick a meal. Funny how narrowing your group’s focus can really increase its popularity! The Orlando Brunch (Lunch) Group serves up some really popular Meetups this way.
- New York Wine Lovers - 1027
- Internationals Meet for Food (IMF) - 1015
- Lake Norman Wine Enthusiasts - 1011
- Cleveland Wine Club - 1003
- Triangle Ethnic Food (Thai, Indian etc.) Meetup - 1002
- The Madison Area Vegetarian Meetup Group - 1002
- San Diego County Raw Vegans - 1001
- The Oahu Vegan Meetup - 1044
- The Inland Empire Raw Foods Meetup Group - 1001
- Centreville Dining Out 50+ - 1021
- Orlando Brunch (Lunch) Group - 1031
- Cooking Minnesota - 1011
- Western Maryland Veg Life MeetUp - 1015
- Central Coast Food & Wine Group - 1008
- The Parramatta social group - 1010
- The Eastside Raw Food Meetup Group - 1037
- San Diego Vegans - 1110
- Suburban Chicago Vegetarian Meetup - 1025
- Mid-30s to 50s Peninsula Friends Group - 1010
- Vegan Foodies - 1050
- Taste of VEGAN Chicagoland - 1058
- Wilmington Dining Adventurists - 1010
- Sacramento Vegetarian Society - 1039
- The Clever Wine Group of Pittsburgh - 1064
If you’re the Organizer of a Food & Drink Meetup Group, be sure to schedule a Meetup!
And if you’re looking to get involved with all the fun as a member, be sure to RSVP for a Food & Drink Meetup near you.
Hollynn dishes on dining out as Meetup’s Food & Drink Community Specialist. Get the full scoop on Food & Drink Meetups here.